About Me

My photo
I am married with two wonderful sons who are 18 and 11 years old and my 2 year old Baby Girl. I currently live in Reston, VA and have been working for Verizon for 18 years. I am a Licensed Zumba, ZumbKids, Zumba Gold and AquaZumba instructor. I am a Certified AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a Certified AAI Aqua Fitness Instructor, an RRCA Certified Running Coach and a Certified Keiser Cycle Instructor. I love to exercise, run, do yoga and Pilates and most of all enjoy time with my family.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Shoe Review: Treadmill training/Day 7

Shoe Review: Treadmill training/Day 7

I am NOT a huge fan of running on a treadmill for training purposes but when the weather is not so great you have to do what you have to do!! I needed to get in a 40-50 minute run for my Marathon training program and the weather was pretty damp and cool. Not good running outside weather at all. So, needless to say I jumped on the treadmill and went to work. I maintained a continuous pace of 3.5 walking and 4.0 running utilizing the incline abilities of the treadmill to simulate hills I would be encountering on the race course. I am scheduled to run another 1/2 Marathon in June which is hilly as well.




One of the reasons I do not like running on a treadmill is it is harder to simulate running outside because the treadmill does a lot of the work for you and you don't know if the pacing is actually correct. The treadmill I used showed the pace of 3.5 as a 17.5 minute mile and the 4.0 pace as a 15 minute per mile pace. I am not sure if those are totally correct. I guess I could just bite the bullet and stop being a wimp and run in the cold and rain but man, I don't really like it. Until I decide to go totally hard core in my running and racing regime I will let my inner wimp come out and deal with treadmill running for part of my training. Some of the best runners out there are treadmill runners as well!!


My Karhu's are still holding strong and I continue to enjoy wearing them whether I am running outside or on the treadmill!!

GET a 20% DISCOUNT AT KARHU.COM JUST FOR READING THIS BLOG:
    Use code: reviewermelissa

RUNNING SHOES: Stable Fulcrum_Ride
KARHU WEBSITE: www.Karhu.com
SHOE REVIEWER: Melissa Baldwin
IF YOU WANT TO TEST KARHUS APPLY AT: http://www.facebook.com/likekarhu
GET a 20% DISCOUNT AT KARHU.COM JUST FOR READING THIS BLOG: Use code: reviewermelissa

No comments:

Post a Comment