About Me

My photo
I am married with two wonderful sons who are 18 and 11 years old and my 2 year old Baby Girl. I currently live in Reston, VA and have been working for Verizon for 18 years. I am a Licensed Zumba, ZumbKids, Zumba Gold and AquaZumba instructor. I am a Certified AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a Certified AAI Aqua Fitness Instructor, an RRCA Certified Running Coach and a Certified Keiser Cycle Instructor. I love to exercise, run, do yoga and Pilates and most of all enjoy time with my family.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Eating Healthy is the way to go...

So, I decided that the time is NOW to finally lose the weight and really get my body in the shape that it is supposed to be, hourglass!! It is a definite work in progress and eating right is a MAJOR factor.

The past 5 days I have been mostly following the Zumba 5-day Diet plan. Basically for 5 days you eat specific things like an egg and high fiber toast or high fiber cereal and fruit for breakfast and different lunches and dinners. So, I pretty much stayed on track with my food choices except for Thursday's dinner, I ate some rice noodles with my Bangkok Curry with Shrimp from Noodles & Company and Friday night the family wanted Chicken Wings from Buffalo Wing Factory so I indulged! Well, I didn't totally indulge, I only ate 1 order of wings which I usually eat 2.

Well, can I tell you how much my stomach hurt after eating those wings! The curry didn't bother me at all but eating a deep fried piece of Chicken with Peppery Parmesan sauce on it did a number on me!! I had to break out the Alka Seltzer or I wasn't going to be able to sleep at all last night! HA!! I have to tell you, I haven't had to take the Alka Seltzer in almost a week due to eating much healthier foods and I was really disappointed in myself for indulging myself that way. There are many other healthier items that they offer such as salad (minus the cheese) or even a burger with all the toppings (meaning lettuce, tomato, onion). Once in a while will I have a wing from now on and most likely I think I will only grab one or two from either my hubby's or my kid's plates! LOL!!

Needless to say from my weigh-in on Monday morning to my weigh-in this AM I have lost 2 pounds. Nothing near what the Zumba 5-day diet says you can lose (up to 9 pounds which could mostly be water weight). I guess I don't have as much water retention as I thought I did! LOL!!

But, I have been exercising every day except for Monday which I took the day off because Physical Therapy really did me in. Needless to say I was eating no more than 1200 calories per day for the past 5 days and exercising my butt off. My lowest calorie burn was around 350 calories which when eating less than 1200 calories per day makes me wonder why I only lost 2 pounds.

So I present myself with three questions:
  1. Am I eating too few calories that is causing my body to hold on to whatever is left after calorie burn for dear life?
  2. Am I still eating the WRONG kinds of foods that inhibit my body from shedding the excess weight?
  3. Is there something wrong with me hormonally or otherwise that is inhibiting my body from shedding excess weight?
Now, this week I am going to investigate the hollows of the internet to find out what could be stopping me from losing the weight I want to and hopefully shedding some light to help a few of my friends who have those last 10 to 20 pounds they just can't get rid of!

I will keep you updated....

No comments:

Post a Comment