About Me

My photo
I am married with two wonderful sons who are 18 and 11 years old and my 2 year old Baby Girl. I currently live in Reston, VA and have been working for Verizon for 18 years. I am a Licensed Zumba, ZumbKids, Zumba Gold and AquaZumba instructor. I am a Certified AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a Certified AAI Aqua Fitness Instructor, an RRCA Certified Running Coach and a Certified Keiser Cycle Instructor. I love to exercise, run, do yoga and Pilates and most of all enjoy time with my family.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shoe Review: Starting my Half Marathon Training in Karhus!!/Day 3


YEEE HAAAA!! I am officially in training for my first Half Marathon of 2012. I will be running the Rock n Roll USA Half Marathon in Washington, DC on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th. I am very excited about running this half marathon. I will be running with Team Kylie Xiu. This will be my first major race of 2012. I am planning on running many more throughout the year and wearing my Karhu Stable Fulcrum Ride running shoes!

We have been having some very beautiful and perfect walking/running weather this week so I definitely had to take advantage of it. My first day of training consisted of a little over 3 mile run/walk in a pattern of 3 minutes running with 6 minutes of walking. I extended my walking time because I was pushing a baby stroller. The added weight and movement of the stroller helped to keep me focused on my form and pace. Going up hill was a little more difficult and definitely slowed me down but that is OK because training this way will make my race even easier, hopefully! LOL!!
 

I have to say my Karhus are still one of the most comfortable pair of running shoes I have had so far. I have said it before and will say it over and over again that the Karhus definitely help to keep you moving in the right direction. In both walking and running I felt like the shoe was helping me along to keep my pace and keep my foot in the correct forward motion. As I was moving I definitely felt the way my foot rolled forward from landing on my mid-foot, rolling to my forefoot and then toeing off to take the next step. I was more in-tune to my form and pace because of pushing the stroller which really made me more intent on focusing on how the shoes affected my running. I made myself run lighter and lift my feet a bit higher as I ran along to really feel how the shoe cushioned my foot strike. It is unbelievable how the Karhu Stable Fulcrum Ride is so cushioned yet I could totally feel the road as I ran and walked and it was a good feeling. Your feet are not numbed by the extra cushioning of this shoe. I have tried minimalist shoes to have more feel of the road when I run but they are definitely no where as comfortable and positively impacting on your feet than these Karhus! I do not know of any other running shoe that gives you the stability, cushioning and ability to feel the road under your feet in a comfortable way as these Karhu Stable Fulcrum Rides do.



These are a great pair of shoes and I look forward to continual training in them!

RUNNING SHOES: Stable Fulcrum_Ride
KARHU WEBSITE: www.Karhu.com
SHOE REVIEWER: Melissa Baldiwn
IF YOU WANT TO TEST KARHUS APPLY AT: http://www.facebook.com/likekarhu

No comments:

Post a Comment