About Me

My photo
I am married with two wonderful sons who are 18 and 11 years old and my 2 year old Baby Girl. I currently live in Reston, VA and have been working for Verizon for 18 years. I am a Licensed Zumba, ZumbKids, Zumba Gold and AquaZumba instructor. I am a Certified AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a Certified AAI Aqua Fitness Instructor, an RRCA Certified Running Coach and a Certified Keiser Cycle Instructor. I love to exercise, run, do yoga and Pilates and most of all enjoy time with my family.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shoe Review: Walk/Running to Lake Anne to watch my husband & son participate in the Freezin' for a Reason Event!!/Day 4

On Saturday February 4th, my husband David and son Kyle participated in the Freezin' for a Reason event at Lake Anne in Reston. Freenzin' for a Reason is a polar plunge that raises money for Camp Sunshine which provides respite, support, joy and hope to children with life-threatening illnesses and their immediate families through various stages of a child’s illness. http://www.campsunshine.org/. This is the third year my husband has participated in the polar dip and the first year my son participated in the Chicken Dip. He didn't want to jump in the cold, cold water so he just dipped his feet! LOL!!
 
   

 


The day started out quite nicely with a temperature of 52 degrees so I decided to run/walk to the event instead of driving in the car with my family. Of course I had my little daughter with me in the stroller so I did more walking than running but it is always worth it! I traveled 3.75 miles round trip. The weather turned a bit wet on the way home but still wasn't bad enough to hinder my travels. One new thing I noticed on this run/walk was when the rain started coming down the street started getting slippery. My Karhu's continued to give me a safe ride by staying steady on the road even though the terrain started becoming slippery. Many other running shoes have a tendency to slip and slide on wet surfaces but my Karhu's kept me running along with no issues. There is just the right amount of tread on the bottoms of the shoe and the soles grip the road like they are supposed to. I believe these Karhu's are one of the best running shoes around. The Karhu's are also great when going from one type of terrain to another. You may not think there is a big difference between the road and the sidewalk but there is. Depending on the type of material the sidewalk is made of it is much better to run in the road because the asphalt is actually softer than a concrete sidewalk. When moving from the sidewalk to the road or the road to the sidewalk I can feel the difference but it wasn't too bad due to the comfort and cushioning of these Karhu's.

All in all it was a great walk/run and I am still happier than ever with these wonderful Karhu's!!

RUNNING SHOES: Stable Fulcrum_Ride
KARHU WEBSITE: www.Karhu.com
SHOE REVIEWER: Melissa Baldiwn
IF YOU WANT TO TEST KARHUS APPLY AT: http://www.facebook.com/likekarhu

No comments:

Post a Comment