About Me

My photo
I am married with two wonderful sons who are 18 and 11 years old and my 2 year old Baby Girl. I currently live in Reston, VA and have been working for Verizon for 18 years. I am a Licensed Zumba, ZumbKids, Zumba Gold and AquaZumba instructor. I am a Certified AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a Certified AAI Aqua Fitness Instructor, an RRCA Certified Running Coach and a Certified Keiser Cycle Instructor. I love to exercise, run, do yoga and Pilates and most of all enjoy time with my family.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My workout for today-5/28/13

I was channeling Jillian Michaels today! Ha! I grabbed the first workout from her book Making The Cut. 

Here is what I did:
Circuit 1:
Dumbbell press on ball-20 reps/15 lbs
Dumbbell fly on ball-15 reps/15 lbs
Squats-50 Fast/15 lbs
1 min sprint-5.0 on treadmill

Circuit 2:
Plank-hold for 10 secs
Close grip push-ups-5 reps
Side plank w/inner thigh raise-10 reps
Plank-hold 5 secs then push-ups-5 reps
Side plank w/inner thigh raise-10 reps
Plank-hold 5 secs to Burpees-10 reps
Sumo squat-50 reps/15 lbs
1 min sprint-5.0 on treadmill

Circuit 3:
Push-up-20 reps on knees
Mountain Climbers-30 secs
W Shoulder press w/leg extension-10 each leg/5 lbs
Static Squat-hold for 30 secs/5 lbs
1 min sprint-5.0 on treadmill

Circuit 4:
Bench Dips-20 reps
Rope Tricep Presses-25 lbs/25 reps
Static lunge w/lateral shoulder raise-10 reps each leg
Mountain Climbers-1 min
Boat pose-30 secs

Circuit 5:
Bicycle crunches-50 reps
Extended plank-30 secs

I changed up a few things but had a great workout. I started the workout with a 5 min warm-up on the treadmill and ended it with 3 pull-up on the kneeling assisted pull-up/dip machine. I was trying to get 10 but I was pretty tired after that workout and I usually use the standing assisted pull-up machine so I needed to adjust the weight better.

Needless to say, I worked my butt off & happy to have done it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment