About Me

My photo
I am married with two wonderful sons who are 18 and 11 years old and my 2 year old Baby Girl. I currently live in Reston, VA and have been working for Verizon for 18 years. I am a Licensed Zumba, ZumbKids, Zumba Gold and AquaZumba instructor. I am a Certified AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a Certified AAI Aqua Fitness Instructor, an RRCA Certified Running Coach and a Certified Keiser Cycle Instructor. I love to exercise, run, do yoga and Pilates and most of all enjoy time with my family.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lacking!!!

Wow! I didn't think I was so behind in my blog posts. I need to get my butt in gear and post more.

So....I have been working my butt off for the past few days getting my HardCORE class together. This week we are going to be working on the BOSU ball. The BOSU is basically an exercise ball cut in half and put on a flat base.

You can workout using the BOSU in so many ways and do many of the same exercises that you would normally do on the floor such as lunges, squats, push-ups, planks, etc....but using the BOSU helps to challenge your core and helps to improve your balance.

So, next time you are at the gym working out grab the BOSU and try a few lunges, squats, push-ups and sit-ups and see the difference. Also, make sure you ask a trainer if you aren't sure how to do those on the BOSU, you definitely want to do it correctly because you can hurt yourself if you fall!!

Have fun and I can't wait to hear what you think of working out on the BOSU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment